Epic Esports Events has announced the details of the upcoming OMEGA League second season in collaboration with the leading teams of Europe/CIS region.
OMEGA League is here to stay, and both players and fans will have their Dota 2 highlights despite the worldwide lockdown. The epic show must go on!
OMEGA League season two is scheduled for two divisions in Europe/CIS. From October 28th to December 13th, OMEGA League S2 will feature an improved tournament system — and even greater entertainment as a result:
- The number of first-division teams has decreased from 12 to 10. All these teams will play in one group, with an increased amount of matches. We’ll see 45 epic battles instead of 30 as it was before;
- After the first division’s group stage, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teams are to advance to the playoff upper bracket. The 5th to 8th place teams, as well as the teams that take the 1-4th places of the second division, will make their way through play-in matches. The winners will move to the playoff lower bracket. The losing teams will enter the second division’s playoffs, where they’ll face the 9th and 10th places of the first divisions, as well as multiple teams from the second division;
- The first five invited teams of the first division have been revealed — Alliance, Team Liquid, Nigma, OG, and Secret. Three more teams are to be announced shortly;
- Two more participants will be defined via qualifier matches. Their winner takes one place, and the other finalist will battle the current champion of the first season’s Divine division — FlyToMoon — to make its way to the first division;
- The prize pool is still the biggest among online tournaments, amounting to $500 000 for the first division and $50 000 for the second.
Mark Averbukh, Epic Esports Events Product Director:
“The first season of OMEGA League has proven the chosen format to be a success. And we have improved it even further for the entire Dota community to enjoy. We can’t leave the teams with no competition and the fans — without their favorite show, so the tournament must go on! I want to thank our partners — the strongest teams of Europe and CIS — for their trust. Can’t wait to see you soon, Dota 2 fans!”
Epic Esports Events has garnered international fame following the conception of its flagship series, the EPICENTER, in 2016, in Moscow and Saint Petersburg. Featuring the greatest esports athletes from all regions of the world, the EPICENTER gathers tens of millions of viewers worldwide, its venues always packed to the brim during the grand finals. The organizers have claimed multiple prestigious awards such as EUBEA, Eventex, MarSpo, BISPO, BEMA, and Sports Leaders Awards.
The organizer of OMEGA League, Epic Esports Events is also known for its Epic League, a regular esports league based in CIS and Europe. Over the years, EEE has partnered with a plethora of brands to deliver the best international tournament series experience: Parimatch League, MegaFon Winter Clash, Adrenaline Cyber League, KFC Battle, and others. Epic Esports Events is a member of ESforce holding.