The Tour de France 2021 is ready to hit the road! Below we will provide you with data and impressions to legally bet in France on this important sporting event.
Great cycling is once again the absolute protagonist with the 108th edition of the most followed tour in the world: the Tour de France!
It starts from Brest on June 26, with an immediate tussle between the winner of the last “yellow jersey” Tadej Pogacar and this year’s big favorite Primoz Roglic.
Below we will provide you with data, statistics and the best information to bet in France on this fascinating event.
HOW IS THE 2021 CYCLING SEASON GOING?
The first part of the UCI World Tour 2021 season, that of the rankings, ended with the only postponement of Paris-Roubaix to October.
No problem for the most important single races won by Van der Poel (Strade Bianche), Stuyven (Milan-Sanremo), Asgreen (Fiandre), Van Aert (Amstel), Alaphilippe (Freccia Vallone) and Pogacar (Liège).
For the stage races instead we point out the victories of Schachmann in the Paris-Nice, Pogacar in the Tirreno-Adriatico, Adam Yates in the Vuelta Catalunya, Roglic in the Tour of the Basque Country and Thomas in the Tour of Romandie.
In short, this first part of the season did not signal the domination of anyone but a nice heterogeneity in the protagonists.
TOUR DE FRANCE 2021: DETAILS
184 participants and 23 teams at the start from Brest on 26 June 2021 to cover the approximately 3383 km divided into 21 stages that will lead to the grand final in Paris on 18 July.
“Gran Départ” from Brittany, therefore, for this important event which will probably start from Copenhagen in Denmark in 2022.
A path, this year’s, which traces history with enchanting landscapes between the Alps and incredible villages. Also in the previous ones, there have already been other departures from Brest (in 1952, 1974 and 2008).
Alps will be the great protagonists of an ideal route for “climbers”! The stages will touch Grand-Bornand, Col de la Colombière, Tignes just to name a few but the most awaited is certainly Mont Ventouz.
The highlight of “The Tour” will be in the Pyrenees where this year’s edition will probably be decided; while the “queen stage” will be that of July 14 (day of the national holiday) which will take place near Peyresourde, Val Louron-Azet and Col de Portet.
The two time trials will also be important: that of the fifth day (27Km a Change) and that of the penultimate day of Saint Emilion (31Km).
TEAMS READY TO GO
In addition to the 19 WorldTour teams invited by right, this year Alpecin – Fenix was added, which won the participation last season as the best professional in the Ranking.
Due to the particularity of the season, still conditioned by the pandemic, the International Cycling Union has also authorized the GT organizers to invite an additional Professional team, with the WildCards which were thus assigned, three in number, to Arkéa – Samsic , B&B Hotels p / b KTM and Total Direct Energie, avoiding an exclusion that would certainly have been very painful and difficult.
- AG2R CITROEN TEAM (COSNEFROY Benoit, NAESEN Oliver, O’CONNOR Ben, VAN AVERMAET Greg);
- ASTANA – PREMIER TECH (ARANBURU Alex, FRAILE OMAR, FUGLSANG Jakob, HOULE Hugo, IZAGIRRE Ion, LUTSENKO Alexey);
- BAHRAIN – VICTORIOUS (BILBAO Pello, COLBRELLI Sonny, HAIG Jack, HALLER Marco, MOHORIC Matej, POELS Wout, TEUNS Dylan, WRIGHT Fred);
- BORA – HANSGROHE (BUCHMANN Emanuel, KELDERMAN Wilco, KONDRAD Patrick, OSS Daniel, POLITT Nils, POSTLBERGER Lukas, SAGAN Peter, SCHELLING Ide);
- COFIDIS (GESCHKE Simon, HERRADA Jesus, LAPORTE Christophe, MARTIN Guillaume, PEREZ Anthony, PERICHON Pierre-Luc);
- DECEUNINCK – QUICKSTEP (ALAPHILIPPE Julian, ASGREEN Kasper, BALLERINI Davide, BENNETT Sam, CATTANEO Mattia, DECLERCQ Tim, MORKOV Michael);
- EF EDUCATION NIPPO (BISSEGER Stefan, CORT NIELSEN Magnus, HIGUITA Sergio, POWLESS Nelson, URAN Rigoberto);
- GROUPAMA – FDJ (ARMIRAIL Bruno, DEMARE Arnaud, GAUDU David, GUARNIERI Jacopo, KONOVALOVAS Ignatas, KUNG Stefan, MADOUAS Valentin, SCOTSON Miles;
- INEOS GRENADIERS (CARAPAZ Richard, CASTROVIEJO Jonathan, GEOGHEGAN Hart Tao, KWIATKOWSKI Michal, PORTE Richie, ROWE Luke, THOMAS Geraint, VAN BAARLE Dylan);
- INTERMARCHE’ – WANTY – GOBERT (BAKELANTS Jan, DE GENDT Aimé, MEINTJES Louis, VAN POPPEL Danny);
- ISRAEL START-UP NATION (BOIVIN Guillaume, FROOME Chris, GOLDSTEIN Omer, GREIPEL André, HOLLENSTEIN Reto, MARTIN Dan, WOODS Mike, ZABEL Rick);
- JUMBO – VISMA (GESINK Robert, KRUISJWIJK Steven, KUSS Sepp, MARTIN Tony ROGLIC Primoz, TEUNISSEN Mike, VAN AERT Wout, VINGEGAARD Jonas);
- LOTTO SOUDAL (DE BUYST Jasper, DE GENDT Thomas, EWAN Caleb, GILBERT Philipp, KLUGE Roger, SWEENY Harry, VAN DER SANDE Tosh, VAN MOER Brent;
- MOVISTAR (ERVITI Imanol, GARCIA CORTIN Ivan, LOPEZ Miguel Angel, MAS Enric, VALVERDE Alejandro, VERONA Carlos);
- QHUBEKA – ASSOS (ARU Fabio, BENNETT Sean, CAMPENAERTS Victor, CLARKE Simon, DLAMINI Nic, GOGL Simon, HENAO Sergio, WALSCHEID Max);
- TEAM BIKEEXCHANGE (CHAVES Esteban, HAMILTON Lucas, MATTHEWS Michael, STANNARD Robert, YATES Simon);
- TEAM DSM (BENOOT Tiesj, BOL Cees, KRAGH ANDERSEN Soren)
- TREK – SEGAFREDO (MOLLEMA Bauke, NIBALI Vincenzo, PEDERSEN Mads, STUYVEN Jasper, THEUNS Edward);
- UAE TEAM EMIRATES (BJERG Mikkel, DE LA CRUZ David, FORMOLO Davide, HIRSCHI Marc, KRISTOFF Alexander, MAJKA Rafal, MCNULTY Brandon, POGACAR Tadej, POLANC Jan);
- ALPECIN – FENIX (MERLIER Tim, MEURISSE Xandro, PHILIPSEN Jasper, VAN DER POEL Mathieu);
- ARKEA – SAMSIC (ANACONA Winner, BARGUIL Warren, BOUHANNI Nacer, DELAPLACE Anthony, GESBERT Elie, QUINTANA Dayer, QUINTANA Nairo, ROSA Diego);
- B&B HOTELS P/B KTM (COQUARD Bryan, DEBUSSCHERE Jens, GAUTIER Cyril PACHER Quentin, ROLLAND Pierre);
- TOTAL DIRECT ENERGIE (BOASSON HAGEN Edvald, BONIFAZIO Niccolò, DE LA PARTE Victor, GENIEZ Alexandre, PETIT Adrien, TURGIS Anthony)
WHO WILL WIN THE TOUR DE FRANCE 2021?
Obviously, among the favorites for this edition, we find two Slovenian athletes, already protagonists of the 2020 edition:
- last year’s winner Tadej Pogacar. For bookmakers, a confirmation of him is worth 2.50.
- Primoz Roglic, who will surely want to redeem the great disappointment of last season. His victory in the Tour is worth 3.50 on the various platforms of the French bookmakers.
The first danger for the two Slovenians comes from the big losers 2020, namely:
- Geraint Thomas rated at 6.50
- Richard Carapaz at 8.00
- Richie Porte rated very high at 25.00
- Tao Geoghegan Hart magic deal at 50.00
Among the hottest names that could reserve surprises, we certainly find Rigoberto Uran (30.00) and Mike Woods (20.00); their previous performances in other races this year have been good.
Among the men who can aim for an important result, the world champion Julian Alaphilippe deserves a separate paragraph (rated at 25.00 by the french bookmakers for this Tour de France), who comes to the start after an excellent Tour of Switzerland, confirming himself a great complete cyclist.
YOUR BETS ON THE TOUR DE FRANCE WITH THE COMPARATORS OF LEBONPARISPORTIF.COM
Among the sportsbooks comparison sites dedicated to the gaming market in France, we find Lebonparisportif.com, an excellent website for online betting. This site is chock full of information on the French betting scene and makes it easy for French citizens to find a betting site for their needs.